Google Translate

Goals

Monday, September 15, 2014

Blog Assignment #1: Introduction


One of my favorite personal drawings.
Hello! My name is Isabel. This is my second
year at CBU and my major is Psychology and I am planning on receiving a minor in Criminal Justice. I have loved attending this school so far and look forward to continuing my education until I can graduate with my Bachelors degree. After, I would like to attend graduate school to get my doctorate in Forensic/Behavioral Psychology. My whole life I have been passionate about helping people and learning about human behavior, our gestures and everything that makes us tick. Behavioral Psychology focuses the part of Psychology that we can physically see and study. I want to research just how influential our environment as children is to the kind of people we become as we grow older. The reason I have also chosen Forensics is because I want to be able to help understand and help those who have taken a wrong path and that wish to better themselves. I absolutely can't wait to help people, it is a great  feeling to know someone is better thanks to you!

On my free time, something that seems to be scarce now a days due to work and school,  I enjoy embarking on a lot of different hobbies. A lot of my hobbies are results of my thrive to have adventure. I love traveling and exploring and the more often I get to do that, the better! I was born in Colombia, South America. Although I came to the US at a very young age, my parents have raised me with the culture of our home land. I have visited several times over the summer and travel all around the country. Nature is beautiful and wonderfully strange. Colombia Official Travel Guide is a great website to learn more about Colombia and the beautiful sights and travel spots that I have visited.  Another hobbie I really love is drawing. I am self taught artist and have a lot to learn. I tend to draw more often when I am stressed and need a sort of escape from the real world. I am currently working on drawing portraits (such as the one in the picture above) in black and white and would eventually love to start drawing in color.

1 comment: